We have an ambitious goal—to visit every inhabited place, national park and monument and other scenic landmarks on highway 89 starting on May 17, 2010. We will take pictures and gather stories. We will record interviews with residents and fellow travelers. We’ll leave no stone unturned in our quest.
By the end of the trip, we’ll have lots of new information for the US Route 89 website and some answers to what makes life’s so fine on Route 89.
Border to border plus the two alternate routes, US 89 is 1,963 miles long. With side trips and occasional back tracks we will travel at least 4,500 miles.
We know from past trips that the cost for gas, food, camping fees and occasional motel nights averages out to be a dollar a mile.
Join the adventure by sponsoring a section of the trip.
Sponsor a few miles or one of the US 89 sections, national parks or monuments. You can even sponsor an entire state.
What you’ll get:
- Regular updates from the road on a special blog.
- A post card from the road.
- Your name on the section that you sponsor.
- If you are not already a member of the US Route 89 Appreciation Society, your contribution will be acknowledged with the official Membership Certificate.
- Bonus #1: Sponsors of at least 25 miles will get a copy of the Road Trip Map Book, e-book version.
- Bonus #2: Sponsors of an entire segment, national park or monument or state will get the printed version of the Road Trip Map Book.
- Bonus #3: Sponsors of at least 100 miles or an entire section, national park or monument will receive a 5×7 matted print of their choice selected from a portfolio of the best photographs from the trip. State sponsors will receive 5 prints.
For more information about US Route 89 and to sign up as a sponsor, click here for the 2010 Road Trip Sponsorship.
Or sign up by choosing your sponsorship amount and making your payment through Paypal: